Thursday, September 3, 2009

Response Dos_ Camera-less Filmmaking

cameraless moovie makin is probably the most fun Ive had making something that looks cool when projected everrrr. up until this point i had never used or even touched film and already we've made some awesome looking products with little effort! whoever thought of using magazine transfer for film is brilliant and should win an award! the scratching and painting on film was ok, not my fave, but I just love the way tape looks with the ink on it; it reminds me of comic books or that intro to all of Marvel's films. I can definitely see myself using some of these techniques in combination with my compositing and visual effects to create some really unique and stunning graphics and transitions. I think the reason making a movie without using camera to capture light on a layer of film emulsion really almost can define itself as "true film MAKING" in the sense that you arent just using a piece of technology to essentially copy images from the real world to be viewed later, but you are personally making and designing art that will be put into motion at "X" frames per second, and I think it's special. Film as a medium is really starting to finally create a root inside my thoughts about how best to share whatever creative or artistic images I can muster, and I am excited to learn more, especially hand processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment